February 3, 2010

Allow me to introduce myself...

This is my own little slice of pastry blogging. Now I know food blogging is old news, and technically so is pastry blogging since there are certainly people out there talking just about desserts, but I have yet to hear of someone actually calling it pastry blogging. So that’s what this is – just desserts. Yes, I do enjoy cooking and reading others’ food blogs, but that’s not what I’m here for. I’m here to entice your sweet tooth, to destroy your diet and to, in general, make your life delicious.

For your first course, here’s some general information about me. My name is Betsy and I’m a pastry student in Cincinnati, Ohio. I’ve been baking since I was old enough to stand on a chair and steal cookie dough. I grew up with homemade goodies and think everyone’s life is better with a little sugar in it. I like lemon desserts the best (hence my blog address) with chocolate coming in at strong second. I hope to one day work in sugar and chocolate and don’t really have much desire to be my own boss. I like the idea of working for someone else. (People always ask if I want to own a cake shop when I tell them I’m in pastry school - no thank you.)

For the second course, why am I here? This blog is a chance for me to share my baking experiences both at school and at home with others. To exchange recipes, to weep over broken soufflés, and to eat up all the advice I can get from those more experienced than I. It just seems like a good idea to show people what I can do and to not be afraid to admit when things just don’t turn out. Plus it gives me an excuse to take pictures of my work to show to future employers. (And for my bad photography skills I do apologize in advance.)

And finally the third course, the best – dessert. It’s just pure fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment